Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nonfiction Madness! [[Don't I Wish Nonfiction Started With an M?!]] -Chelsie-

So, I decided to post even later than Vanessa.

I hear everyone talk about how busy they are... and it's quite obvious we are all busy, because Teen Tuesday is lagging (ugh, why must tons of young adult readers be, well, young adults? why must school exist?)... and I am tempted to say to ya'll: Hey! I'm busier! But that's probably not the case, and even if it was that'd be kind of rude. The point is... I think that if it doesn't get easier for me, I'm going to be exhausted by Christmas.

Either way, I forgive everyone who hasn't been posting regularly.

So, my week has been filled with reading. Lots and lots of reading. I read equations in Algebra II, lab directions in Anatomy and Physiology, literary terms in English... and so on. And the only recreational reading I got done is hardly even that.

I'm reading The Diary of Anne Frank. It's for English class because we are required to read a nonfiction book. And I have to be done in oh, two weeks. Which, at the rate I'm going, is going to be impossible.

Especially because I am also reading a nonfiction book for health class: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teenagers. It's good and all (especially for me, because I'm in like a life transition stage blah blah blah), but it seems like the pages are huge. It takes me forever to get through it, and when I've been reading for an entire class period I feel like I haven't even made a dent in the book.

However, I think it's extremely sad that the 7 Habits book is more entertaining to me than Anne Frank. I have always been fascinated by Anne Frank, and I've started reading the book countless times. I should be glad that I'm finally getting to it, but I'm not. I'm only sad that inbetween reading nonfiction (which is not my fave, by the way) and doing homework, I have not been reading anything. Uck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I know. School is very suckish.