Teen Tuesday Official Rules and Guidelines
1. Please remain on-topic. We have a very loose definition of on-topic in this group, but any posts that are completely irrelevant to teen literature are subject to deletion.
2. We STRONGLY encourage not posting reviews as your only contribution. That's not what this group is for. Please link to any reviews you would like to share.
3. Please refrain from making multiple posts a week. While we allow members to post at anytime of the week, we'd still like Tuesday to be the primary day for member posts. It's not called Teen Tuesday for nothing.
4. Please use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. D0 not typ3 l!k3 d!s or LiKe ThIs, or any other form of weird lettering. Keep your posts neat and tidy. This includes keeping your font at a decent size. We do not want huge letters crowding the group.
Teen Tuesdays is, as the name implies, a teenage group. While we encourage and welcome older members, the content must be suitable for younger members. Therefore, all posts must be PG 13 or lower.
The following is unacceptable:
1. Strong language. We'd prefer to keep our posts language-free, but we are willing to be lenient as long as the language is not excessive or inappropriately used.
2. Extreme sexual references. We all know that there is often sex in young adult fiction, but save the racy sex scene discussion for a more appropriate place.
3. Promoting drugs or self-mutilation. We don't want to know about it. This is a teen-friendly environment.
4. Graphic photos.
*The above regulations must be followed at all times. There are some young adult books, however, that may be an exception to one or more of the above rules, if they are the type of books that include more controversial subject matter. If the book you are discussing includes any of these themes, please post some sort of warning in the blog subject, or in very clear letters at the top of the post.*
*Also, if you are quoting a book and the quote includes graphic or questionable subject matter, as long as the quote is relevant, you will not be in violation of the rules as long as you clearly state that the quote is not a direct quote from you, the poster*
If you are not sure if what you're posting would be considered inappropriate, do not post it. That's the easiest way to ensure that you won't offend anybody. If you would like us to approve something ahead of time, please send an email with your request. Do not, however, send us an email on the Tuesday you plan on posting it. Make sure it is sent at least 24 hours in advance.
Anybody who consistently breaks the rules will be banned from participating in future Teen Tuesdays or any of the events that we hold (including a ban from entering any contests or games).
If you see anyone breaking the above rules, or feel like something is inappropriate, please send us an email and it will be dealt with as soon as possible. Please do not try to take matters into your own hands. Individual handling of rules may cause fights to break out, and we try to keep Teen Tuesday a pleasant experience for everyone.
**These rules are subject to change at any time by either Chelsie or Megan, so please check back often**