Tuesday, July 15, 2008

V Has Been Reading! (Second Post)

Wow! It's already been a week since my first post!
Well, hi guys. I've been reading lots (last week it seemed like I didn't have much to say). I finished The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart on Wednesday. The book got off on a slow start but by halfway I could not stop! I love Frankie, she's my new idol, haha. The review is here. I certify the book an AWESOME. :)
I also read 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson. I bought it when it first came out in 2005 (and I was 12.. haha) and got halfway in and stopped reading. So I reread it completely and I mean, I thought it was good and all... but it's more of a 3-star. I just thought some things were really predictable and carbon copied on every book (for example, when Ginny is pushed to sing karaoke.... if you've read the book I think you know what I mean). I certify the book a BLAWSOME and the review is here, no podcast as of yet.
I have to say, flying to Canada was a lot more uncomfortable than  I thought. My head hurt a lot, my ears kept popping, and my tummy hurt a little. So I was all plastered on the seat with my brother (wooo, I flew as an Unaccompanied Minor!) rather than reading.
  It was hard to focus on my planned read... Cindy Ella. But I'm reading it now. Cindy Ella by Robin Palmer is okay so far. I think its very Cinderella-y (even though it's kinda of supposed to be) but yeah... I hope something happens with BklynBoy. 
My next book will be How To Be Bad by E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, and Lauren Myracle (I can't believe I remember all their names). 
Keep checking out my blog for new reviews, etc here. And while you're at it check out Like OMG Teens Read, the message board I run (alongside some familiar faces on Teen Tuesday) which now has a domain at likeomgteensread.com. Join today to talk about everything reading and books.
Have good reads this week! 

*Vanessa.

No comments: