So, Inisde the Mind of a Book Geek is my book blog. It's located at http://insidethemindofabookgeek.blogspot.com/. If you go and check it out, you'll find that I am running a Best Review of the Week award.
How to Enter:
1. On the post announcing the winner of the last contest and the start of the current contest, leave me a comment.
2. In the comment, leave me a direct link tp the review you want to enter. If you are nominating a review, leave me a link and the e-mail adress of the person. You can enter a review and nominate a review every week.
3. Winners and start of the current contest will be announced every Monday.
4. You can start sending in nominations on Mondays after the contest is announced, and stop on Saturday night at 10 PM Eastern.
5. The first contest started yesterday, so head on over and leave me your entries and nominations! If I get enough nominations/entries, I'll also give out second and third prizes. prizes are actually just little award things.
Now onto my reading week...
I have to say that the highlight of my reading week has been reading New Moon, by Stephanie Meyer. It's book two of the Twilight saga, and yes, I have already read Twilight.
I don't understand why I ever doubted Stephanie Meyer's writing abilities. New Moon is an absolutley amazing book. I haven't finsished it yet, but I plan to very, very soon. And I will read the rest of the series.
"For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...
Legions of readers entranced by the New York Times bestseller Twilight are hungry for the continuing story of star-crossed lovers, Bella and Edward. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality."
This book so far is...wow. It had me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't wait to get out of school so I could read more. I can't really review it because i haven't finished it, but keep a look out for a New Moon review over at my book blog! Suite Scarlett and all other books mentioned in my previous post have been put on hold for now, so no news about them.
Team Jacob all the way!
A book I finished this week was a short read. It's called Inside Out by Terry Trueman. I read it in about a day. I liked it all the same.
"A busy coffee shop-
a robbery gone wrong.
And Zach is caught in the mayhem.
But nobody realizes that Zach- who has no gun and no knife- has a mind more dangerout than any weapon."
Zach is a 16-year-old schizophrenic, and the story is told from his POV. This is the kind of book that will keep you on the edge of your seat for the entire thing. And I loved it. The ending, especially the last two pages is...wow. An ending I never expected. I suggest you check this book out. A full review will be posted soon at my book blog.
Until next Tuesday,