Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reading is Becoming Hard to do with School (Vanessa)

Message Board URL: likeomgteensread.com (click Here where it says "Looking for the Message Board? Click here".
E-mail: whatvanessareads@hotmail.com

Salve! (Or hello. I'm learning Italian in school).

So I should be doing homework, but I rather post on Teen Tuesday. Today is August 26 I believe. I've been in school for almost a week and because of this my reading is much less. 
I started The Luxe by Anna Godbersen last week. It's a 400-page book. No, I'm not done with it yet. I'm about halfway done. As I've said on my blog, I think its one of those gooood books that you just have to savor slowly. I really like it. It's so different from anything I've read. Horses, huge dresses, yet the drama is still clearly there. It must have been so hard to live back in the early 1900s. Anyway, I'm halfway done with that.
Two, I read I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder about a day ago?
 It took me an hour to read. It was a good book. The review will come up shortly, I have to fix some things. Other than that I've read nothing more.
I went into Barnes & Noble today to buy an Italian-English dictionary and came out with the dictionary and a copy of Impulse by Ellen Hopkins. Don't ask me why I went in that bookstore with the intent to buy ONE book (dictionary) and came out with TWO. I think one of the reasons why I bought Impulse is because its free verse. I Heart You, You Haunt Me is a free verse and I'd never read one of those before. I liked the concept of free verse and want to read more books like that.
Hopefully I end up reading more books. There's a surprise for all you readers out there coming up but I won't say what yet. Also, the Like OMG Teens Read Newsletter (likeomgteensread.wordpress.com) will debut very very soon. August 31 is the day. So wait around for that.



Keep reading,
Vanessa

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I'm liking free verse also. I've read burned, but I doubt I'll get to another one of Ellens books soon.