Tuesday, August 26, 2008

DEPARTMENT OF CRAP, I FORGOT IT'S TUESDAY!

I'd just like to take a moment to celebrate the fact that I am now MORE THAN HALFWAY THROUGH EAST OF EDEN!

I love you John Steinbeck, but why must you make every other main character a whore? I am just saying...

Now, this is gonna be real quick, seeing as I am already late for volleyball practice, and when you are the coach, this is not a good thing.

DEPARTMENT OF AWESOMENESS

Elizabeth Scott. Living Dead Girl. Whoa. She came and knocked me off my feet. AND she did it in half the amount of pages as everyone else. Go Elizabeth!

DEPARTMENT OF WHAT ARE YOU READING NOW?

Savvy Girl by Lynn Messina. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. And East of Eden, of course.

DEPARTMENT OF COVER COOLNESS

I want to read this book. I dunno what it's about, or if it's YA, or who publishes it, but the cover is kick butt.

DEPARTMENT OF YA TRENDS

Faeries. Or Fairies. Or Feries? Either way, there's gonna be a LOT of them soon, if The Story Siren's snazzy list in any indication.

DEPARTMENT OF REASONS WHY THE UK IS WAY COOLER THAN THE US

Here. Need I say more? I think not. You are welcome, my Hamburger-a-go-go friends.

DEPARTMENT OF AUTHORLY AWESOMENESS

Susan Juby. Have I mentioned her? And her awesome new book, Getting the Girl? Yes? Hm, oh well....


Read on my, my friends. I'm off to go hit balls at middle school girls--I mean coach volleyball.

TCR

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

okay, your writing is always hilarious. I love reading what you have to say. This week was ohsofunny. I was laughing my butt off.

The Compulsive Reader said...

Aw, why thank you!