Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Need More Reading Material!!!! (Kelsey)

So, I've read a bit this week, better then last week I think. Although, this whole weekend was busy, I had to get up at six in the morning to have a Yard Sale, that went from eight in the morning to one in the afternoon. So I was pretty busy that Friday morning, and extremely tired. I stayed up to like twelve-thirty that night, so I didn't get much sleep. Then I had to wake up again Saturday morning at six, but the weather was really cold, like October/November cold. So we put the stuff out and then put it back in, all before seven in the morning, and I again the night before, went to bed at eleven-thirty or so. So yeah, I didn't get much reading done those two days, but I did finish one book that I started on Thursday, Saturday night. So the books I read this week are:

  1. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
  2. Fly on the Wall by E. Lockhart
  3. House of Dance by Beth Kephart
  4. The Screwed Up Life of Charlie the Second by Drew Ferguson
  5. 1/4 of Peeled by Joan Bauer
I have come up with a name for the little awards thing I do here every week. It will now be called The Little Bestie Awards! So now for The Little Bestie Awards:

  • Best Character: Charlie in The Screwed Up Life of Charlie the Second by Drew Ferguson
  • Best Plot: Fly on the Wall by E. Lockhart
  • Best Setting: House of Dance by Beth Kephart & The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
  • Best Writing: House of Dance by Beth Kephart
Winning Book(s): House of Dance by Beth Kephart.

Now, the books I plan to read. Well pretty much the same as last week. Unless I miraculously get a book in the mail or find a new book in the library when I return House of Dance by Beth Kephart, which as of today, is overdue, so, yeah, not much else. But today is my last week before school starts exactly a week from today. Yippee! Not. So probably when school starts I'll be reading about two maybe three books a week. But when school starts I can get this book that i realized was at my school library this summer, Pretty Things by Sarra Manning, which I am so pysched to read! I *heart* Sarra Manning. Otherwise, I think I might start rereading Sarah Dessen's books if I don't find any other books to read. Which will be alright since the only book I've reviewed of Sarah's on my blog was Just Listen, and even then that was me rereading it.

One think that i am really excited for is Book Swim, which my grandmother is giving me six months on it! So that'll be six months of unlimited books to read. But, I'll have to wait until November 17th, my birthday, for it. Which is okay, 'cause I have just got addicted to Polyvore.com, so that'll pass my time. (If you have an account on Polyvore, tell me! My screen names KelseyBee.)

Okay, I just found out I won a book contest! Yippee, there's two books one and a teaser for a new book! Woohoo!!!!

*Me doing a little dance.

So now I can add Invisible Touch by Kelly Parra and Sleepless by Terri Clark (Did you know there is actually a singer named Terri Clark? She has a hilarious video with Johnny Depp, or a guy who looks extremely close to Johnny Depp, in his Pirates of the Caribbean role, and John Wayne, I think his name is. And just because i'm bored, I'll post the video below. ) So, yay! I'm really excited. Oh, and maybe the school library got a ton of new books this year? that would be awesome. But, yeah, I think that's about it for this edition of Teen Tuesday.

Here's the video: (They didn't let me embed it....)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESMIQLvKZ7A



P.S. I'm having a huge contest on my blog! Check it out! Oh, and sorry, I know I keep complaining about me not getting much reading material. Sorry!

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

How random =P I love it!

The Compulsive Reader said...

Ah, what a problem to have.

And I start school a week from today too!

Terri Clark is an awesome singer. I like her a lot. And Terri Clark the writer is pretty awesome as well!