Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Teen Tuesday - Fourth Edition! :)

Sorry it's taken so long guys. I've been too busy for my own good. But we did feed over 300 households at the food pantry I helped out at today, so even though I came home tired and exausted, it was SO worth it to see all those people look sososo glad to get food, and thank you so much. :)

This has been a very good week for me - for the summertime - I have to say.

I read Frenemies, which was really good. I honestly didn't know what I was going to think about it, but I ended up enjoying it a lot. The only thing that I didn't like about it was that Avalon and Halley seemed more high-school age than eighth grade, and I had to keep reminding myself that they were in the eighth grade and not in high school. To read more about what I liked and didn't like about Frenemies, click here.

I also read The Elite by Jennifer Banash. I was going into reading it hearing sososo many good reviews about it, and I am now in the spell that The Elite casts on people. It draws you in and sucks you up and you're reading it and reading it and just when it gets to the good part WHAM. You have to wait until 2009 to get the next one, In Too Deep. lol. Look for my review of The Elite on... tomorrow or Thursday over at my blog.

I am currently in the middle of Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty. I'll admit, I had to drag my butt out of bed to write this... I'm just at the good part, and so if this post seems completely rushed, you now know why, haha. The book is amazing, though. I love all the exchanges between Geena and Ben, they make me laugh out loud. Literally. That's a good thing, because if a book is meant to be funny and it can't make ME laugh then... it's not funny. 'Cause I laugh at the stupidest things.

This week, I need to start reading 1984 by George Orwell for my history class (which I keep saying I'm going to start and then never do). I'm also going to try and finish La Petite Four and Unbelivable (the fourth Pretty Little Liars book).

Until next Tuesday.
hope. :)

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

Congrats on your feeding people! (Not sure how else to put it...)

I am insanely jealous of all the books you've been reading, not only because I want to read them too but because I can't seem to read that much, no matter how hard I try!

And once again I'm happy to hear something good about The Elite, since it's coming up soon for me...