Thursday, September 24, 2009

Teen Tuesday...well, Thursday!







I know, I know...it's not Tuesday! But things got crazy here at school this week and I couldn't get to my computer - so Thursday it is!

I just finished Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen. Not typically my type of genre, I really liked it. I loved the dynamic between Auden and her mother - and then later with Auden and her father. The picture of step-mom Heidi that I had created in my head was quickly blown to smithereens once we actually first meet her...overwhelmed and stressed as she's become a mom and deals with a newborn. There's some great interaction between Auden and the beach girls - Esther, Leah, and Maggie - especially after Auden's embarrassing first-night hook up. And what can I say about Eli? Loved him. A great, easy, quick read.

I'm 10 pages away from finishing Gone by Michael Grant...AND I LOVE IT!!!!! It's like The Stand combined with Girl Who Owned a City with Lord of the Flies with lots of awesomeness and super powers!! What more could you want. Next in my "to read" pile is the sequel, Hunger!

That's it! Don't forget to check out my blog for my contest...we're giving away an autographed copy of Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen!

http://blogs.ellingtonschools.org/larkin/

No comments: