Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Teen Tuesday - Third Edition [Hope.]

Well... this week has been a very interesting one for me. lol. I've read four books since last Tuesday! =D


First off, there was Violet in Private, which I finished! Yay! And I don't want to say anything about it, because I don't want to give spoilers, since it's not out yet (which it totally something I would do, lol). But when you get your own copy, you'll LOVE it. And if you haven't read the Violet series yet, you need to go out and get it because it's amazing!


Then, I read the first book in the Clique Summer Collection series, which is Massie's book. I was very dissapointed with it, honestly. I read the Clique series, and I enjoyed that, but then I read this one and I just didn't like it at all. First, it was short -- only 120 pages. Okay, I can deal with that, lots of books can be short. But I felt like Massie never really grew as a character and there didn't seem to be any plot at all. I don't think I'm going to be reading any more books from the Summer Collection of the Clique series.


The meeting for my AP American History class was yesterday, so I was frantically reading Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.. It was... interesting, to say the least. It was all his experiences in World War II, but there's kind of a twist. He experiences them by time travel... because these weird alien people have granted him the ability to time travel. Yeah. It was definetly an interesting book, lol. Now, I'll be writing two papers and reading 1984 by George Orwell before July 21st, when we meet the next time. Has anybody read 1984? I had to read Animal Farm by George Orwell for this same teacher last year and enjoyed it, so I hope I like 1984, also.


I recieved Read My Lips by Teri Brown in the mail to review for Pulse IT, and so I picked it up yesterday to read it. It was really good. There were a few things about it that I might change, like how she kept repeating about how she was a 'punk skater' all the time. I would've only put it in a few times, then decided that the reader would know that she was a punk skater. The idea of the book was really good, though. I don't really have anything to compare it to -- it's the only book about a deaf girl that I've read before. Has anybody read any other books about deaf teenagers that doesn't make them sound like they're sorry for themselves? I'd definetly like to read another one.

This week, I hope to start and finish The Elite by Jennifer Banash, Frenemies by Alexa Young, and Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty by Jody Gehrman, which all arrived this week in the mail. =D




See y'all next week!
hope.

3 comments:

The Compulsive Reader said...

Ooh, you'll like all of those books on your list, I'm sure of it!

Chelsea said...

I really liked The Elite -- hope you will too! :) And Violet in Private! Lucky you. I loved the first two.

Chelsie said...

You sound like you've been very busy reading =D

I hope you like the 3 books you have... they are all ones I've been wanting to read, and I plan on reading The Elite very very soon.

-Chelsie-