I am writing this from the front desk at the town library, where I am now officially employed.
Wait, what? Employed? At the library?
Yep. No longer am I a volunteer... I am now working, doing fun stuff for pay. And I get access to all the new books before anyone else does.
But that's just something I felt like sharing. =D Mostly because, well, I don't have much to say on the reading front.
I finished Audrey, Wait! this week. Finally. I feel better about the fact that I'm not the only one having trouble reading a lot this summer, but I still feel bummed out that it took me a week and a half to read a book that I was thoroughly enjoying.
Now, on the Audrey, Wait! subject, there are two things I need to say.
1. I now have a list of 40+ songs that I need to listen to, all from the book.
2. Robin Benway is amazing. Her characters are all amazing, her writing is amazing, her story is amazing... the whole book was amazing. If you haven't read this book you'll definitely need to buy it, because it is definitely worth it.
Last night, I also started Goddess Games by Niki Burnham. But... I can't say anything about that. I got 40 pages into it and... well, I like it. But today as I was working I realized that 15 books on my shelf from the library is too many, especially when most of them have been checked out since March.
So I decided to turn most of them in. Granted, I haven't done it yet, but I am extremely determined to drag them with me tomorrow.
All except for three, for sure, that I'm going to keep: The Host, Vampire Academy, and City of Bones.
But there are others that I'm not sure about. So this is where you come in. I want to keep one or two books instead of turning all of them in. So in the comments, please pick one or two from this list for me to keep, and I'll take your advice into consideration.
1. Nobody's Prize by Esther Friesner
2. Legacy by Kate Brian
3. The Straight Road to Kylie by Nico Medina
4. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
5. Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith
6. Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
7. Girl Overboard by Justina Chen Headley
8. The Kayla Chronicles by Sherri Winston
9. Crimes of the Sarahs by Kristen Tracy
In this post, I was also thinking about mentioning our hosting the book club, but since Megan already mentioned it... I don't really have much else to say.